If you think that people who whiz around on electric scooters look cool, then you have landed on the right webpage. Here you can know about the best electric scooters for commuting that you can use no matter whether you are a teenager or an adult. These scooters are way better than public transport options and owning a four-wheeler or a bicycle. How? Read on to know.
Here is the list of 7 best electric scooters for commuting for adults.
When considering the best folding electric scooter for commuting, make sure you try this one. This is one of the top options you have available for city rides. It has a top speed of 15.5 mph and can hold up to 220 lbs. It has a 36V battery and 250-watt motor that allows you to use it for up to 4 hours.
- Folding and storing this scooter is super easy.
- The 8.5inch pneumatic tires make every ride easy
- The lock mechanism is easy and seems durable.
- The scooter is a little bit heavy to carry around
2. Glion Dolly Foldable Commuter Electric Scooter
This scooter has topped this list because of its awesome battery. It can allow you to get the nonstop running time of more than 3 hours. Charging very quickly, it won’t have a flat tire easily and has silent operation. It is easily foldable with a special trolley system and can be packed and taken anywhere you want.
Max load up to 250lbs, Glion Dolly is one of the best electric scooter for heavy adults.
You can go at 15 mph and ride for 15 miles in a single go. It has a great braking system and almost required no maintenance.
- The design of the scooter is reliable, safe and durable.
- Foldable trolley system makes it super easy for storage and carry.
- The electronic anti-lock brakes are worthy of appreciation.
- It’s a cheap ride as you can travel 500 miles on just $1 of electricity.
- Controlling the throttle break mechanism is quite hard.
3. Qiewa Q1hummer 800watts electric scooter-Best electric scooter for climbing hills
Some people prefer rugged and army styled products and want the best electric scooter that can climb hills. If you are one of them, then this model is just for you.
This ride allows you to go wherever you want and cover more than 100 km in one go. It means that you can ride on it for a whole day and still have some battery life left in it.
The incredible powerful motor will enable you to climb steep hills.
It can be considered the safest because it has dual shock absorbers that allow you to stay away from roughness and bumps in the road. You will also get USB mobile charging and enjoy a water-proof design with it.
- It fits easily in a car trunk.
- Excellent ability to climb hills.
- The 45 Angular double shock absorber design allows you to drive on any ride.
- The anti-theft remote control and siren is a worthy add-on.
- The brakes of this scooter are not too strong.
4. UberScoot 1600 Electric Scooter for short commute
People who want the best electric scooters for commuting should consider this one. It can be easily folded and adjusted anywhere you want. The battery can last 12 miles per charge, and it has a removable seat too. The unique design, awesome mobility, great comfort, fast recharging, and solid construction make it worth the money you spend on it.
- It comes with a quick release seat which allows you to either Ride with the seat installed or remove it and enjoy stand-up riding.
- The LED battery level indicator is a worthy addition.
- You get lifetime technical support even if you buy this scooter once.
- The size of the scooter can be intimidating for a few people.
- Some people think that the price is slightly higher than usual.
5. Razor E200 Electric Commuter Scooter
If you think that the topmost one among the best electric scooters for urban commuting would be a model that has an ultra quiet motor, then this one should be on your list. The stability is great for first-time riders thanks to the twist grip available on the handles. You can get a top speed of 12 miles an hour and enjoy a silent and smooth ride. The scooter is easy to install and has a quick recharging time.
- The rechargeable 24V Seal battery system is impressive.
- You can enjoy up to 40 minutes of continuous ride time.
- The assembling process is simple.
- Inflating the tires can be a tough nut to crack.
6. Super Turbo Elite 36v Electric Scooter
Next on the list we have compiled is this model. The company is well-known for creating fall in love kind of vehicles that are loved by the masses.
This is the most durable ride available in the market, and it can bear up to 250 lbs. of weight when you are on smooth terrain. The speed is up to 26 mph, and you can get up to 18 miles per charge. The adjustable seat and rechargeable headlight make it worth your money!
- The free storage bag you get with this product is simply adorable.
- The deep cell lead acid batteries are better than most batteries out there.
- You get 90-day bumper to bumper parts warranty with it.
- Some users have reported that riding with a loose grip is better
- A few users had to adjust the front brakes.
7.Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter
If you want to buy a scooter that makes less noise and still performs brilliantly, then this is the one for you. It can have a speed of 15 miles per hour and has a silent motor. It is super easy to assemble and can hold a weight of up to 220 pounds. You will like its single speed drive chain and a twist-grip throttle as well as the 90-day warranty.
- This scooter suits riders of all sizes so you can share it with friends or family members.
- The twist-grip acceleration control and hand-operated rear brake make sure you remain in charge.
- It allows up to 45 minutes of riding per charge.
- Some users have reported that the rear tire goes flat easily.
How to Choose the Best Electric Scooter?
Now, if you are wondering how to choose the best electric scooter then you should know about the following points:
- Comfort: The scooter you choose should be comfortable according to your height, weight and shouldn’t compromise on posture. If it’s not comfortable, the chances are that you won’t ride it for long.
- Weight: The scooter should be able to take your weight with ease. It should not break down even if you gain a few pounds.
- Portability: The weight and height of the scooter should be manageable to allow you to carry it anywhere. It would be great if the scooter is foldable.
- Price: When thinking about how to choose the best electric scooter, attention should be paid to the price. It should fit into your budget and should be a value for money option.
- Tire Size: The tire size should be compatible with the size of the scooter to ensure proper balancing.
- Charging Time: The scooter should be charged quickly, and the charge should last for a few hours.
- Speed: The scooter should be able to attain a good speed to ensure that you have fun.
- Durability: When seeking the answer to how to choose the best electric scooter, make sure you remember durability. The longer it lasts, the more value for money you get.
Why Must You Know About Best Electric Scooters for Commuting?
Is electric scooter worth it? Of course, here are some advantage of it you must know:
- Get Rid of the Last Mile Problem
When you trust a good electric scooter, you will get rid of the last mile problem. It means that when the public transport options leave you a few kilometers away from your destination, you can hop on a scooter and cover the distance.
- Get a Mini Workout
You can trust a good electric scooter because it helps you to stay fit. Yes, when you ride a scooter, you get a workout that’s faster than walking and don’t even sweat a lot (which can be a problem when you are going to the office).
- Help Protect the Environment
You should opt for electric kick scooter because they are very small and don’t have a large parking footprint. If everyone adopts them, there will be no need for parking spaces and more room for developments like green spaces. This will eventually lead to a healthier society. They can reduce your environmental footprint when you replace your car with them.
- Save Some Money
Trusting electric scooters works for people who live simply. The cheapest option starts from a hundred to a few thousands of bucks. You can take them anywhere you want and need less money for maintaining them. Changing batteries about once a year would be enough.
- Better Than Bicycles
You should go for the electric scooters as they are better than bicycling. Using one won’t lead to wrinkling of clothes. Even women wearing dresses and skirts can ride one without exposing too much skin. They are easy to maneuver along narrow paths as compared to bicycles. They are easier to ride up hills.
Word of Caution- Check Legality Before Buying
Now, if you are convinced that you want one from the best electric scooters for commuting mentioned above, we suggest that you check the legality in your city. For instance, electric scooters are illegal according to the Transportation Department of New York City. When you ride it legally, the one you choose will soon become your preferred mode of transport. Give it a try and see for yourself!